November 27, 2019 8:48:27 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A deceased individual discovered in a vehicle off Highway 45 Alternate has been identified as a missing Starkville man.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant confirmed Richard "Cory" Baughn, 31, was found by Lowndes County deputies Tuesday morning. He was in his car in a wooded area off the highway near the Highway 82 bypass.
Baughn's family reported him missing to Starkville Police Department earlier this month. He was last seen leaving an apartment on Stark Road on Nov. 12.
Merchant did not immediately release Baughn's cause of death but said there were no apparent signs of foul play. The investigation, however, is ongoing, he said.
1. Elm Lake, three other neighborhoods to get fiber optic internet COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Pumps reducing water level at Oktibbeha Lake STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. DA calls for prisoner clemency, guard raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'One big old family': Neighborhood near Oktibbeha County Lake has long history of unity, fellowship STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Anti-bullying program helps link Caledonia fourth-graders in atmosphere of kindness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY