December 7, 2019 10:09:23 PM
A West Point man was arrested Thursday for cyberstalking after allegedly threatening another person over text.
Reginald Legare Hosey, 36, of Eshman Avenue, has been charged with cyberstalking by sending electronic communications that threaten to harm a person, according to a Lowndes County Sheriff's Office press release. The victim in the case reported the messages on Nov. 17. Hosey turned himself in to LCSO the day the warrant for his arrest was issued.
The press release said the victim was formerly in a relationship with Hosey and that in the text, Hosey threatened the victim with bodily harm. Hosey was also charged with misdemeanor domestic violence.
He was released from Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $3,250 bond for both charges.
1. Some road projects ongoing, others about to begin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeff Smith: West Lowndes in need of storm shelters COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Update: Pumps delivered to Oktibbeha County Lake Dam; installation to begin Friday night STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested after chase with narcotics officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Corps of Engineers bringing pipes to drain Oktibbeha lake STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY