February 20, 2020 10:21:42 AM
A Steens man is in jail after allegedly confining a woman against her will and choking her.
On Feb. 11, investigators with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office received a report that Cicil Allen Crump, 39, strangled a 26-year-old woman while holding her somewhere against her will, according to an LCSO press release.
The victim is in a romantic relationship with Crump, the press release said.
Crump was arrested Monday and charged with domestic violence aggravated assault by strangulation and kidnapping.
He is currently in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $70,000 bond.
1. Local State Farm agent, CRA chair dies Tuesday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Huck's employee, off-duty Lowndes deputy involved in alleged 'simple assault' downtown COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Update: Victim in officer-involved shooting identified COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police release video of altercation between Huck's owner and off-duty deputy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Convenience store falsely claims employees at rival store have COVID-19 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY