February 20, 2020 10:21:48 AM
Lowndes County deputies arrested two men Monday for a sexual assault reported last week.
Shawn Colin Franklin, 53, of Grace Drive, and Daryl Fitzgerald Walker, 54, of Hairston Bend Road, have been charged with one count of rape each, according to a Lowndes County Sheriff's Office press release.
While authorities did not release many details of the assault, the press release said the victim was a 59-year-old woman who reported the rape on Friday.
Both Franklin and Walker are in Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $25,000 bond each, according to jail records.
1. Local State Farm agent, CRA chair dies Tuesday COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Huck's employee, off-duty Lowndes deputy involved in alleged 'simple assault' downtown COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Update: Victim in officer-involved shooting identified COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police release video of altercation between Huck's owner and off-duty deputy COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Convenience store falsely claims employees at rival store have COVID-19 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY