September 17, 2020 11:04:04 AM
Two men were arrested Tuesday for an assault and armed robbery at a New Hope home last week.
Donavan James Prather, 18, of Caledonia, and Brandon Lee Runnels, 19, of Columbus, have each been charged with aggravated assault, armed robbery and kidnapping, according to Lowndes County Adult Detention Center records.
Investigators believe Prather and Runnels invaded a home on Old New Hope Road early in the morning on Sept. 9, a Lowndes County Sheriff's Office press release says. The victim reported the two held him at gunpoint, robbed him and beat him.
The victim was treated and released for fractured facial bones at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, the release says.
After investigators identified Prather and Runnels as the suspects, members of the United States Marshal's Fugitive Task Force arrested the two at the intersection of Pleasant Hill Road and Lee Stokes Road on Tuesday.
As of Wednesday, Runnels and Prather's bonds have not been set, and they were in custody at Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. Dan Camp, 'Mayor of the Cotton District,' passes at age 79 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Witnesses describe deception, push for 'obedience' from Second Baptist pastor STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Suspect ignites mop to swipe Lowe's pressure washer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Building on increased arrests and seizures, joint drug task force to continue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two arrested for felony domestic violence in separate shootings COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY