October 28, 2020 10:08:17 AM
One man was hospitalized after a shooting in north Columbus early this morning.
Columbus Police Chief Fred Shelton said officers responded to a call near OK Foods around the intersection of 18th Street and Seventh Avenue North at about 1:30 a.m. The victim was taken to a hospital out of town, where he is in stable condition.
Shelton said investigators do not have a suspect in custody but that they know the victim got into an argument with two other people before the shooting. Investigators are still collecting evidence in the case.
He asked anyone with information on the shooting to call CPD at 662-244-3500 or Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
1. Supes remain divided, confused over LCIDA's annual funding request COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes County Marriages and Divorces Nov. 2020 PUBLIC RECORDS
3. Starkville annexation hearings underway in chancery court STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Tupelo cigar lounge owner makes case to locate in downtown Starkville STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Warming Center will not open due to COVID concerns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY