January 18, 2021 10:10:46 AM
Greater Starkville Development Partnership has named Paige Hunt as the organization's new director for tourism, according to a Partnership press release.
Hunt, who has an "extensive background" in promoting locations for cultural tourism, conventions and sporting events, will begin in the role on Wednesday. Her duties will be to develop and implement programs to increase tourism in Starkville.
"Mrs. Hunt's knowledge and experience coupled with her enthusiasm for Starkville and Mississippi's College Town will benefit our entire community," Partnership President and CEO Mike Tagert said in the press release. "She brings a wealth of experience to our tourism post and an understanding of how important tourism is to the economy of our city."
Hunt said she is "thrilled" to join Partnership's team.
"I began my career in the tourism industry in Starkville some 20 years ago, and while I've served other Mississippi destinations, none hold my heart like Starkville," she said.
"I've seen the positive impact that tourism can have on a city's economy, and I look forward to bringing my experience to Mississippi's College Town and growing its tourism sector," she added.
1. OCH board member sues administrator, rest of board over financial records STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. One of Starkville shooting victims nephew of alderman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Local law enforcement to meet with state Homeland Security to address crime COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Council keeps masks, relaxes distancing restrictions COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Monday Profile: From 'brown thumb' to Master Gardener COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY