With its ranks deeply divided, the Boy Scouts of America is asking its local leaders from across the country to decide whether its contentious membership policy should be overhauled so that openly gay boys can participate in Scout units.
President Barack Obama is pledging to eliminate the "scourge" of sexual assault in the military while cautioning that it will take a long and sustained effort by all military members.
Companies that drill for oil and natural gas on federal lands will be required to disclose publicly the chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing operations, the Obama administration said Thursday.
As the guitarist strums and softly sings a lullaby in Spanish, tiny Augustin Morales stops squirming in his hospital crib and closes his eyes.
Don't look for the outcry over the Internal Revenue Service's improper targeting of tea party groups to subside with the ouster of the agency's acting commissioner.
1. 'Legacy' of pine plantations falls short of projections COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Police seek suspects in drug store burglaries COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. LCSD lets students switch from virtual to in-person learning mid-semester COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Blackjack, Poor House roads receive state funding for construction STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Monday Profile: Scooter's Records still rockin' and rollin' amid pandemic uncertainty STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY