February 17, 2009
My disapproval notwithstanding, if the Legislature authorizes The W to sell the Carrier Lodge property, it is imperative that the school receives the maximum amount available from ANY willing buyer. This means no private, non-competitive purchase.
Since we are asked to assume that The W desperately needs the money from the sale, we must also assume it needs as much as anyone is willing to pay above the appraised value.
Ben C. Toledano, Columbus
1. Slimantics: More than 'simple' charity LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Fred's closing may present an opportunity DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Froma Harrop: Change is coming to health care. Vote wisely NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Leonard Pitts: Intolerance has no greater champion than Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Mona Charen: Did Bernie Sanders Steal His Wealth? NATIONAL COLUMNS