March 12, 2009
After reading the Commercial Dispatch article on Claude Simpson. I decided to attend the Jan. 9 Democratic Executive Committee meeting in the boardroom of Lowndes County Courthouse and then again for the March 2 meeting.
During the meeting the phrase "Okie Dokie" was used, and it reminded me of when Barack Obama was in Columbus. If you remember while he was here Hillary Clinton was trying to persuade him to be her VP running mate. And his response, standing right here in Columbus, was that he was not going along with those "Okie Dokie" politics.
It is refreshing to report that right here in Columbus we are moving on away from the old "Okie Dokie" politics as usual in the Democratic party.
1. Slimantics: More than 'simple' charity LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Fred's closing may present an opportunity DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Froma Harrop: Change is coming to health care. Vote wisely NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Leonard Pitts: Intolerance has no greater champion than Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Mona Charen: Did Bernie Sanders Steal His Wealth? NATIONAL COLUMNS