December 4, 2020 10:36:29 AM
Appreciates Hardees worker and a correction
I wish I'd known of the effort to collect money for Sonya Baldwin - I'd surely have donated. Count me as another of the many, many people whose day Sonya has selflessly brightened countless times.
Also, I made yet another mistake in my letter published on December 3: I reported a number of daily deaths for December 2 that was significantly higher than any other estimate I could find - by about 400 deaths. I reported 3,144 - in double-checking today all the numbers I could find were between 2,700 and 2,850. My first impulse was to play it safe and report the lower number, but then I failed to do so. Poor decision on my part.
1. Roses and thorns: 1-24-21 ROSES & THORNS
2. Ask Rufus: Rooting Hogs and Courting Frogs LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Partial to Home: Reconnecting with old friends LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon: 1-24-21 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: Without discipline, humane border policy fails NATIONAL COLUMNS