A rose to the organizers, volunteers and donors who, for 30 years now, have provided children with cancer an escape from the often-difficult realities of being a patient through a week-long summer camp at the Columbus-Lowndes YMCA's Camp Pratt.
A rose to Columbus High basketball star Robert Woodard II, who is proving to be as big a winner off the court as he is on it.
A rose to Lowndes County Rep. Jeff Smith, who used his authority as chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee to block an attempt to fine state universities for not flying the Mississippi flag.
1. Charlie Mitchell: Room for improvement in America's discourse NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Possumhaw: The restorative power of nature LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Our View: Guns and children in the home DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Editorial Cartoons for 7-24-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: Trump's New York rat pack continues to grow NATIONAL COLUMNS