I am not a native Mississippian, but I have called Columbus home for eight years. During this time I have observed, through The Dispatch, the bickering then cooling and now bickering between two giants of our county, Harry and Leroy.
The YMCA has four locations here in Lowndes County, and all of them are marvelous.
For the past 50-plus years now we have heard it preached how local and state governments need to be racially and gender balanced. I think we can all agree that they really should be. It can be a very good thing for any city to be that way and it shows modern day thinking, especially when the better candidates are elected.
I write in response to the Jan. 21 editorial in which The Dispatch calls upon me to veto the vote of the majority of the Columbus City Council to appoint Oscar Lewis Columbus chief of police.
1. Ask Rufus: Earthquakes, volcanoes and fossils LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: Self-incrimination through social media NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns: 5/1/16 ROSES & THORNS
4. Kathleen Parker: Trump deals Clinton a winning card NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Jamie Stiehm: The way of the world, Hamilton, Jackson and Tubman NATIONAL COLUMNS