The president of the Mississippi Center for Freedom of Information is crying foul after he says Columbus officials endorsed an action without public discussion or a public vote.
A group hoping to bring a charter school to Columbus is not submitting an application to the Mississippi Charter School Authorizer Board this year.
Jamie Mitchell admits it was going to take a special opportunity to make him leave his post at Starkville High School's football coach.
East Mississippi Community College has found its next president.
A chill drizzle fell from the skies on a recent Thursday morning in Columbus. In spite of it, a line of people filled the walkway outside the Bread of Life Food Pantry, patiently waiting for the doors to open.
1. Suspect in Wednesday shooting turns himself in COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photo: Highway 69 wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City wants to operate firing range, supes say 'No' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Why do we celebrate Cinco de Mayo? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. FOI head: City violated 'Open Meetings' law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY