January 19, 2012 12:31:00 PM
BILOXI -- Hard Rock Casino Biloxi is considering building a 12-story hotel tower that would add 154 hotel rooms.
The resort presently has 317 rooms.
The Sun Herald reports that Hard Rock officials met Wednesday with Biloxi's Development Review Committee to show preliminary plans for a tower to be built along U.S. Highway 90, north of the resort's swimming pool.
Karl Bulot, senior vice president of non-gaming operations, says when the hotel was built in 2004 and rebuilt in 2006 after Hurricane Katrina, the utilities put in place were capable of handling an expansion.
Casino general manager Duncan McKenzie says no expansion announcement was being made. He says the meeting with Biloxi officials is just the first step in a potential expansion.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY