The confiscated beer and gambling machines are pictured. Clay County Sheriff’s Department confiscated the items over the weekend. Photo by: Courtesy photo
December 18, 2012 10:33:14 AM
WEST POINT -- Four people were arrested at Clay County nightclubs over the weekend and charged with various charges relating to illegal gambling and selling beer without a permit.
Ryan Robinson of Cleveland was arrested at Club Hollywood on Berry Road in Pheba Friday night and charged with one count of disorderly conduct and one count of selling beer without a permit.
On Saturday night, Selina Nabors, the owner of Club Exclusive, was arrested and charged with five counts of possession of gambling devices, two counts of possession of a firearm on club property, and one count of selling beer without a permit.
Willie Richardson of Macon was arrested on the scene and charged with one count of gambling.
Glen Chandler of Woodland was also arrested on the scene and was charged with one count of disorderly conduct.
Between the two raids, five gambling machines and more than 450 containers of alcohol were confiscated.
All four suspects have posted bond.
Clay County Sheriff Eddie Scott said he and his department were diligently working to curb illegal activity, especially as the holidays draw near.
"We're monitoring all the clubs and we're monitoring for underage drinking and any type of illegal activity. We want everyone to enjoy themselves and have a good time but public safety is our number one priority," he said.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY