January 24, 2018 10:34:29 AM
A Lowndes County man is behind bars for allegedly choking his ex-girlfriend.
Lejonthae Oria Rashard Dunn, 28, of 633 Steens Road was arrested at the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Tuesday and charged with domestic violence-aggravated assault, a felony.
Dunn's former girlfriend was visiting at friend's apartment on Yorkville Road, said LCSO Lt. investigator Tony Cooper, when Dunn entered the apartment. Dunn and the former girlfriend got into an altercation, Cooper said, and things turned violent. The woman involved alleged Dunn choked her.
The suspect is still in custody, and no bond has been set, as he has a hold from the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
Dunn had two former grand larceny convictions in 2010 and 2013. He was sentenced to 10 years in MDOC for the most recent charge.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY