Developer Mark Castleberry confirmed a Cajun seafood restaurant is coming to old Chili's site on Highway 45. Photo by: Deanna Robinson
February 16, 2018 1:05:00 PM
A Cajun seafood restaurant is coming to the former Chili's location in Columbus, The Dispatch has confirmed.
Local developer Mark Castleberry, through his company Waca LLC, purchased the property and building at 1207 Highway 45 next to Motel 6 on Jan. 22. The building has been vacant since Chili's closed in July 2016.
Castleberry told The Dispatch Billy Wang, who owns the Umi restaurants in both Columbus and Starkville, also will own the new Cajun seafood restaurant. Castleberry said he expects the new restaurant to open in May or June.
Waca will offer more information through a press release at a later date, Castleberry said.
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CLW eyes rate, customer surcharge hikes for electric COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Parks partners with SOCSD for joint use of facilities STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Rick Young returns as EMCC interim president COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY