State transportation officials say half of Mississippi's highways will be in poor condition by 2035 if current funding levels continue.
Gov. Phil Bryant said Wednesday he's confident Mississippi's open-carry gun law will eventually take effect, even if a dispute about it goes all the way to the state Supreme Court.
The Choctaw Nation is asking Warren County to stop work on the local China Grove Road if any historic artifacts traced to Choctaw settlements centuries ago are found.
Even if Mississippi's open carry gun law takes effect, people still won't be allowed to take firearms into the Capitol or many other state or local government buildings.
Mississippi's open carry gun law remains on hold at least few more days. Hinds County Circuit Judge Winston Kidd says he'll decide by Friday whether to further extend his June 28 order that blocked the law from taking effect July 1.
The Mississippi Supreme Court may decide the constitutionality of a 1994 state law that allows it to find "harmless" errors committed by juries in death penalty cases.
A member of the University of Mississippi football team was killed Wednesday in a traffic accident in Chickasaw County, Miss.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Good Samaritan clinic helps Lowndes County residents COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY