March 6, 2013 10:25:08 AM
Not running for re-election
I would like to announce I will not be a candidate for mayor in the upcoming election, June 4 in Caledonia. I also would like to humbly thank all residents of Caledonia for my three terms as your mayor.
I've tried to treat everyone the way I would want to be treated. There is only one way to run any municipal and that is the legal way.
There are projects that are needed to be taken care of by me, and due to this I feel like I could not run an aggressive campaign.
Again, thanks to everyone who supported me and the town in our endeavors to make this a better place live.
Mayor George Gerhart
1. Our View: When becoming a part of the story is an obligation DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Thomas Sowell: Grim choices NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Slimantics: Senior Expo exceeds all expectations LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Wyatt Emmerich: Non-profit journalism LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Froma Harrop: The cure for expensive cities is moving vans NATIONAL COLUMNS