April 11, 2013 10:33:38 AM
Criticism from anonymous sources
Cameron Triplett is my favorite local letter writer. He expresses himself with clarity and vigor. One can never be in doubt about where he stands. I very seldom agree with him, but I always look forward to what he has to say.
I look forward to reading his critics also. They express themselves well too and I usually agree with what they say.
There is, however, one big difference between Triplett and his critics: courage. You know who Cameron Triplett is, he's Cameron Triplett. Two of his critics are Raider and swampthing2. Who are these guys or girls? Only an insider knows for sure.
Anonymity can serve a useful purpose, and has been well defended in these pages. Criticism of a known local letter writer by anonymous responses should be an exception.
1. Leonard Pitts: The education gap between left and right NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Froma Harrop: Hitting our heads against a border wall NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Possumhaw: Observations of a crappie fisherman LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Patrick Buchanan: Is a Trump-Putin detente dead? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial Cartoon for 2-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS