April 18, 2013 10:47:44 AM
I am deeply disturbed that our LCSD superintendent and a few of our school board members have decided to go against the wishes of a majority of the parents in the LCSD. Our desires to not have uniforms in our schools were overwhelmingly a "no thanks" by a survey given out several weeks ago. The "yes" and "no" responses were not even close in number. Mr. Lynn Wright, the superintendent and three of our school board members decided that they would pass the uniform policy anyway, despite having the knowledge of what the parents who voted them into office had expressed they wanted. If you are a parent in one of the LCSD schools and are interested in signing a petition against mandatory uniforms. Please contact by email email@example.com. Please include what school your children attend. No need to give the children's names.
1. Our View: Town hall meetings: Let's have more of them DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Froma Harrop: Alabama was a win, and not just for Democrats NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Editorial cartoons for 12-13-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Our View: Communiversity's success depends on an engaged partnership DISPATCH EDITORIALS
5. Clarence Page: 'Chaos president' keeps us guessing -- and praying NATIONAL COLUMNS