August 12, 2009 11:45:00 AM
I''ll start with an apology for being so late. May I propose " University Columbus" as the future name for our local university. Please no "the" or "of." The name of course is gender and racial neutral. The name will be listed among all other schools as more of an equal than one with a "person" name attached to it. Additionally, this is a once in a lifetime to honor our beloved city. Do we dare miss this chance?
J. Donald Harper
KJ commented at 8/12/2009 1:03:00 PM:
The first problem is that it wasn't something Limbert thought of, and therefore must not be a good idea. The second problem is that had Limbert thought of it everyone else would hate it. The third problem is that Columbus was a racist oppressor and plunderer whose meddling in the New World has led to our modern problems like climate change, the health care crisis, and The Iraq, such as.
mac commented at 8/12/2009 1:32:00 PM:
I think this is the most accurate comment about the whole situation that I have read.
1. Ask Rufus: 200,000 Cousins LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns 11/19/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Possumhaw: Life is so very, very good LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: No, Roy Moore, God won't solve our problems NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Is America up for a second cold war? NATIONAL COLUMNS