September 4, 2009 10:34:00 AM
According to the Thursday''s edition of The Dispatch, Harry Sanders stated in the Charrette meeting at the Link there has been a loss of automobile sales in Columbus to dealerships in Noxubee, Lamar, and Pickens counties. What dealerships is he talking about? I can''t speak for all the Columbus dealerships but the three Carl Hogan stores retailed over 200 vehicles last month mostly to zip codes outside Columbus. If Harry has statistics to support this I would like to see them.
Clyde Rhea, Columbus
Rhea is sales manager of Carl Hogan Automotive, Inc.
Carl commented at 9/10/2009 1:53:00 PM:
All car sales ,everywhere were up because of the "cash for clunkers". What were your sales figuires before "cash for clunkers" as to compaired to say, 2years ago??
bob raymond commented at 9/11/2009 10:07:00 AM:
The facts are in the charrette report. Harry Sanders didn't pull
them out of thin air.
1. Lynn Spruill: Streets with personality LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: 'Tell me a story' DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Voice of the people: Sarah Studdard LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Patrick Buchanan: How Trump wins the debate NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 9-23-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS