August 19, 2014 10:43:40 AM
Note from a reader
Good morning, Birney,
I enjoyed your piece on the Hitching Lot yesterday. My paper route was in that neighborhood in the late '40s. The HL was where I found my customers taking refuge when the river flooded.
If you didn't get some of that Swiss bread, you missed a treat. Her name is Andrea Dinep and she's the co-clerk of our Quaker Meeting in Starkville.
Remember writing about seeing Orion in your early morning walks? He's up by 4:00 to say Autumn isn't far off.
Reprinted with permission. The writer is Billy Hairston of Sulligent, Ala.
1. Our View: City's appeal of ruling is a continued assault on open government DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Presley Hutchens LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Editorial Cartoon for 2-8-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 2-9-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Possumhaw: Consume chocolate while you may LOCAL COLUMNS