August 19, 2014 10:43:40 AM
Note from a reader
Good morning, Birney,
I enjoyed your piece on the Hitching Lot yesterday. My paper route was in that neighborhood in the late '40s. The HL was where I found my customers taking refuge when the river flooded.
If you didn't get some of that Swiss bread, you missed a treat. Her name is Andrea Dinep and she's the co-clerk of our Quaker Meeting in Starkville.
Remember writing about seeing Orion in your early morning walks? He's up by 4:00 to say Autumn isn't far off.
Reprinted with permission. The writer is Billy Hairston of Sulligent, Ala.
1. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar, Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Mike Murphy LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Editorial cartoons for 11-24-15 NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Patrick Buchanan: Will Europe man up? NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Voice of the people: Bob Altman LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)