August 15, 2010 3:21:00 AM
The article written by Commercial Dispatch staff on Aug. 8 concerning the strike at the Omnova Solutions plant in Columbus, contains a website that recruits temporary replacement workers.
United Steelworkers Local748L and it''s 180 members, as well our staff reps and international staff, view this as a biased intrusion into affairs that news organizations should not be involved in. Our local748L and its members do not appreciate a local paper using a news article as a recruitment tool for a company that our local has issues with on contractual proposals that will have major negative effects on our members standard of living and on our community, as well as a negative effects on the facility itself with changes in production processes that will tear down a model of efficiency and quality that Omnova has prospered under for many, many years.
The writer is president of USWLocal748L
avatar commented at 8/16/2010 4:50:00 PM:
Just sounds to me like another way the UNION wants to CONTROL everything. The media is FREE to write anything that is based on facts and concerns the citizens....CASE CLOSED!
kat commented at 8/16/2010 6:13:00 PM:
If the link gave other community members the opportunity to GO TO WORK...then the Dispatch was doing a service to the people of Columbus. Sounds to me like the Dispatch wants to keep Omnova Solutions as a local employer. Makes sense to me...........
1. Voice of the people: Justin Dornbusch LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Eddy Godfrey LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Our View: Old Waverly's importance goes beyond golf DISPATCH EDITORIALS
4. Voice of the people: Bob Raymond LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Voice of the people: Wayne Blankenship LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)