For all the blathering nonsense that cable news networks have dumped on Americans during this brain-atrophying presidential campaign, there are only three words that mattered.
Like the 2001 terrorist attacks, the Donald Trump upset win threatens Americans' sense of safety and continuity.
"If I don't win, this will be the greatest waste of time, money and energy in my lifetime," says Donald Trump.
You'd think there'd have been more laughs.
You can feel the tension.
James B. Comey, the FBI director, is above it all.
One more week, give or take.
With polls and prayer as a guide, let's assume that Donald Trump loses the election. What will he do for a next act?
The last place -- and I do mean the very last place -- any candidate wants to be is in the frame with Anthony Weiner.
Amid all the polling whiplash, one survey consistently backs Hillary Clinton, and with enthusiasm.
1. Our View: Council's decision to hire crime consultant a positive step DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Voice of the people: Heath Fisackerly LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Steve Chapman: On ethics, Trump is no Obama NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial cartoon for 1-19-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Healthcare clinic a positive move DISPATCH EDITORIALS