Roses and Thorns for 3-11-12
Roses and thorns for 3-4-12
A rose to the good Samaritan who saved a Starkville apartment manager's life Friday afternoon when a fire swept through Summer Chase Apartments on Carver Drive. Property manager and resident Lynda Woods said she wasn't aware of the fire until an unnamed convenience store clerk saw the flames and kicked down her door to rescue her.
A rose to the cheerful horde of volunteers, organizers and donors who Saturday prepared and delivered 5,000 meals in what has been dubbed the Celebration of Hope outreach.
Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors; Columbus-Lowndes Political Action Committee; Black Friday shoppers; Charles Freeman and design students; Thanksgiving volunteers
1. Ask Rufus: Earthquakes, volcanoes and fossils LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: Self-incrimination through social media NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns: 5/1/16 ROSES & THORNS
4. Kathleen Parker: Trump deals Clinton a winning card NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Jamie Stiehm: The way of the world, Hamilton, Jackson and Tubman NATIONAL COLUMNS