A rose to the anonymous person who treated local law enforcement to a catfish meal Thursday at Graham Camphouse during a Law Enforcement Appreciation Day. The gesture comes at a time when law enforcement has been portrayed in a negative light around the nation -- deservedly so, in many cases.
A rose of remembrance this Memorial Day weekend.
A rose to everyone who participated in this year's Relay for Life, including sponsors, volunteers and members of the community who made donations to the cause.
1. Ask Rufus: The stories in a name LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 11/29/15 ROSES & THORNS
3. Froma Harrop: What happened to Jeb Bush? Too much money NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Kathleen Parker: We look in the mirror and see ... Donald Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Shannon Bardwell: The way we remember it LOCAL COLUMNS