A rose to business owners and their patrons, especially in Columbus.
A rose to everyone involved in making the 76th Columbus Spring Pilgrimage, which ended Saturday, a success.
A rose to Columbus Ward 1 Councilman Gene Taylor, whose persistence has paid off in repairs at 13 railroad crossing on the Southside.
A rose to the Columbus Falcons and Starkville Yellow Jackets boys' basketball teams for an outstanding season that ended late Saturday when the two teams met for the Class 6-A championship in Jackson.
A rose to the collaborative effort among utility interests to help many of our citizens improve their energy efficiency of their homes.
A rose to everyone who is celebrating Valentine's Day today.
A rose to the Mississippi State women's basketball team, which defeated Tennessee for the first time in school history, snapping a 36-game losing streak against one of the nation's most dominant women's basketball programs.
A rose to the community schools, churches and civic organizations for their programs honoring the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. during the holiday set aside to remember the civil rights leader.
1. Slimantics: Ban a book, rob a mind LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Lynn Spruill: Inspiring voter registration LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Martha Kirkley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Marion Whitley LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Editorial cartoon for 9-30-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS