I was quite disappointed with the inaccuracies in Jeff Clark's article Sunday, which reported on a lawsuit against Mayor Robert Smith, Brandy Gardner and Kennetra Floyd filed by a Monique Montgomery in an attempt to force the Mayor's Youth Council (MYC) to take her daughter on a trip to Hattiesburg.
As a result of House Republicans holding the debt ceiling hostage and refusing to raise the debt limit in the summer of 2011 (paying the bills they had already approved)...the United States credit rating was immediately lowered, causing borrowing costs to increase for everyone and slowing growth.
1. Voice of the people: Robert Gillis LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
2. Voice of the people: Milton Spotts LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
3. Home Base: Dinner table debate, a family tradition LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial Cartoon for 7-25-16 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Possumhaw: Summertime, the living is easy LOCAL COLUMNS