Victim of uncovered drain on Main Street On a Sunday morning, July 21, I drove to a St. Vincent de Paul meeting at the Annunciation Activities Center, and as I approached my turn at Main Street and Ninth Street South, I noted that a rather large vehicle approaching me was signaling to turn to their left as I was to turn right.
The delays by the city in opening its bus service is a disgrace. Why does the Historic Commission even have any say in this matter? This is a much-needed service in this area, not to mention that it will provide some much-needed jobs.
In the "Roses and Thorns" column of the Aug. 18 Dispatch, Councilman Joseph Mickens was taken to task for missing the Aug. 15 public hearing on the proposed closing of six city railroad crossings and for being "not particularly concerned with his constituents' views on matters that affect the city."
1. Ask Rufus: The Black Prairie of 1835 LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Roses and thorns: 2/19/17 ROSES & THORNS
3. Partial to Home: Icebergs as big as houses LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Steve Chapman: Trump's strange coziness with the Kremlin NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick J. Buchanan: The deep state targets Trump NATIONAL COLUMNS