The delays by the city in opening its bus service is a disgrace. Why does the Historic Commission even have any say in this matter? This is a much-needed service in this area, not to mention that it will provide some much-needed jobs.
In the "Roses and Thorns" column of the Aug. 18 Dispatch, Councilman Joseph Mickens was taken to task for missing the Aug. 15 public hearing on the proposed closing of six city railroad crossings and for being "not particularly concerned with his constituents' views on matters that affect the city."
1. Lynn Spruill: Old Highway 82 LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Slimantics: Mandela the prisoner LOCAL COLUMNS
3. Roses and thorns 12/8/13 ROSES & THORNS
4. Ask Rufus: With December rains came steamboats LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Birney Imes: Mary Williams at your service LOCAL COLUMNS