How unfortunate that once more a prominent part of the black community appears to consider race the determining factor in matters of public interest and concern. Seemingly, we are at a point where the race of the local superintendent of schools is more important than the quality of education made available to the schoolchildren.
Tuesday afternoon I went to the polls at Union Academy to cast my vote. I expected to be in and out in about six minutes as usual as the crowd was light.
Restaurants typically steer clear of publicly endorsing political candidates.
1. Leonard Pitts: The education gap between left and right NATIONAL COLUMNS
2. Froma Harrop: Hitting our heads against a border wall NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Possumhaw: Observations of a crappie fisherman LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Editorial Cartoon for 2-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Patrick Buchanan: Is a Trump-Putin detente dead? NATIONAL COLUMNS