Ever since I moved back from Memphis to Columbus, I have been wondering why the Varsity Twin has not been renovated by Hope Community Church.
In his Sunday column ("The accidental Klansman," July 13, 2014), Slim Smith writes about the strange phenomenon of people seeing the likeness of a Ku Klux Klansman in the statue atop the Confederate monument on the Lowndes County Court House lawn.
I was appalled to see an ad in this newspaper from a local restaurant advertising blue marlin fish as a special.
1. Slimantics: Is this what America has become? LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Our View: Rural doctor program could be model for reducing brain drain DISPATCH EDITORIALS
3. Froma Harrop: When women's dignity counts for zero NATIONAL COLUMNS
4. Leonard Pitts: Immigrant children are real children NATIONAL COLUMNS
5. Editorial cartoon for 6-20-18 NATIONAL COLUMNS