We all bleed blood when we go to the doctor.
Marshall Ramsey, Mississippi's award wining cartoonist, published a cartoon in the July 12 edition of The Clarion Ledger that adequately describes a similar situation in Starkville.
For years now, I have been trying to get the city to address, and fix, a ditch that has repeatedly flooded my mother's yard, carport room and has left water standing under the house, which I am sure is damaging the timbers of the flooring.
How unfortunate that once more a prominent part of the black community appears to consider race the determining factor in matters of public interest and concern. Seemingly, we are at a point where the race of the local superintendent of schools is more important than the quality of education made available to the schoolchildren.
1. Ask Rufus: Lost churches of Columbus LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Editorial Cartoons for 8-20-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Lee Roy Lollar Jr. LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Slimantics: If an eclipse can stop one war ... LOCAL COLUMNS
5. Roses and thorns: 8/20/17 ROSES & THORNS