The delays by the city in opening its bus service is a disgrace. Why does the Historic Commission even have any say in this matter? This is a much-needed service in this area, not to mention that it will provide some much-needed jobs.
In the "Roses and Thorns" column of the Aug. 18 Dispatch, Councilman Joseph Mickens was taken to task for missing the Aug. 15 public hearing on the proposed closing of six city railroad crossings and for being "not particularly concerned with his constituents' views on matters that affect the city."
1. Our View: Citizens ill-served by city's timid response to CPD leadership DISPATCH EDITORIALS
2. Bernard Goldberg: Plan B: Sex NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Voice of the people: Emilie White LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
4. Voice of the people: Cameron Triplett LETTERS TO THE EDITOR (VOICE@CDISPATCH.COM)
5. Editorial cartoon for 12-12-17 NATIONAL COLUMNS