In his Sunday column ("The accidental Klansman," July 13, 2014), Slim Smith writes about the strange phenomenon of people seeing the likeness of a Ku Klux Klansman in the statue atop the Confederate monument on the Lowndes County Court House lawn.
I was appalled to see an ad in this newspaper from a local restaurant advertising blue marlin fish as a special.
On Page 8A of the June 25, 2014, Dispatch, I see the article titled "Highway loop construction nears end."
1. Ask Rufus: Oysters, steamboats and Thanksgiving LOCAL COLUMNS
2. Leonard Pitts: Bill Cosby, serial rapist? That's a lot to forgive NATIONAL COLUMNS
3. Birney Imes: Coffee run evokes memories of days past LOCAL COLUMNS
4. Roses and thorns: 11/23/14 ROSES & THORNS
5. Froma Harrop: End the game on immigration reform NATIONAL COLUMNS