Reed Long used to be like a lot of fans who sit in the stands at Columbus Speedway and Magnolia Motor Speedway. Long would sit and watch the races with friends and would think to himself, “I can do that. How difficult can it be to race a car?” That question is part of the reason Long, 31, of Columbus, finally left the stands and climbed into a race car.
Robert Harmon doesn’t have as much time to fish as he would like. As a criminal investigator for the sheriff’s office in Chickasaw County, Harmon needs to be available at a moment’s notice, so planning leisure time can be difficult. This weekend, though, Harmon hopes to take a break from his full-time work as an investigator to a different kind of searching. Harmon hopes his time will be well spent Saturday when he competes in the American Bass Anglers district tournament in Columbus.
1. Rivals become allies in Omaha COLLEGE SPORTS
2. MSU's social media presence at CWS is team effort COLLEGE SPORTS
3. More newcomers advancing to College World Series COLLEGE SPORTS
4. Mississippi State, Indiana navigate numbers differently COLLEGE SPORTS
5. Seeing is believing: Porter's hit lifts MSU past Indiana COLLEGE SPORTS