An Oktibbeha County man has been arrested for the murder of three people in Artesia Tuesday afternoon.
Sitting in the front yard of her Artesia home Wednesday, Latecia Shelton was keeping one eye on her two of her three children as they drove a toy truck around the yard. Just down the street from her residence, crime scene tape still fluttered in the wind where it was blocking off 23 Mobile Dr. -- the scene of a grisly triple murder the day before.
Authorities have confirmed a Jan. 4 shooting on the Mississippi University for Women campus was intentionally self-inflicted, according to information the university released this morning.
When Taquanda Walker Turner started volunteering, she always had her children by her side. This Monday at 9 a.m., Turner will have her two sons, Tyzir and Tristen Turner, and daughter, Taraya Walker, helping load teachers' vehicles with school supplies.
After nine months of extensive renovations, a new coffee house served its first cup of coffee on Monday in the old Pizza Hut building on Highway 45.
1. Suspect charged with capital murder for Artesia killings COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Triple homicide shocks Artesia COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Three dead in Artesia shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MUW confirms on-campus shooting was self-inflicted COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD, others to get back taxes from Sanderson Plumbing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY